Also see our Facebook and Twitter pages for real-time event information.
- Consumer Dialogue, Nov. 2-3, New York.
- ECPE Conference, Berkeley Law, Berkeley, CA October
- National Press Club, Washington DC, October 11, 2011.
Pam Dixon will be speaking on a panel.
- Digiday Data Management Summit, Park City, Utah,
July 18, 2011. Panel on online privacy.
- TransAtlantic Consumer Dialogue, Brussels, Belgium,
June 21-22, 2011.
- Berkeley Law Do Not Track Roundtable, , Berkeley,
California, Feb. 9, 2011. Pam Dixon will be participating in the roundtable.
- CalPSAB, December 9, 2010
- CFP, San Jose California, June 16, 2010, Pam Dixon
will moderate expert panel on health information exchange.
- CFP, San Jose California, June 15 Plenary session
on data brokers and privacy.
- CalPSAB, Sacramento, CA, June 9. WPF co-chairs CalPSAB.
- NTIA, WPF testimony, Washington DC, May 7, 2010.
- IAPP Global Privacy Symposium, April 19, 2010, Washington
DC. Workshop on cloud computing and privacy.
- BHIMC, April 15, 2010, Los Angeles, WPF on panel
on health privacy and digital networks.
- Digital Signage Expo, Las Vegas Convention Center,
February 25, 2010. Panel on digital signage and privacy.
- FTC Privacy Roundtable, Information Brokers, Pam
Dixon, December 7, Washington DC.
- House Energy & Commerce Committee,November 19,
2009, Washington DC.
- Annual ID Theft Passport Advisory Council Meeting, (I-PAC),
Presentation/briefing on medical identity theft, Sacramento, Nov. 5,
- Center for Ethics in Science and Technology, Identity
theft trends and news, Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, San Diego, Nov.
4, 2009, panel.
- New York University Law School, October 2, 2009.
Panel on safe harbors and online privacy.
- CalPSAB, September 16, 2009, Sacramento.
- California Bar Annual Meeting, September 12, 2009,
San Diego. Panel on global privacy issues.
- NNEDV Training of Teachers, August 2009, San Francisco.
Laws & Business, 22cnd International conference July
6-8, 2009. St. John's College, Cambridge, UK.
- Trans Atlantic Consumer Dialogue, June 7-10, Brussels,
Belgium. Cloud Computing.
- California Western School of Law, April 2, 2009,
San Diego, class lecture on health information technology and privacy.
- Health Privacy Summit, April 2009, Los Angeles.
- NNEDV, March 2009, San Antonio Texas.
- CalPSAB, March 2009, Oakland, California.
- World Congress, February 2009, La Costa, California.
- Congressional Internet Caucus, Jan. 14, 2009, Washington
- World Congress, December 10-11 2008, Washington D.C.
- IPSC2008, co-hosted by World Privacy Forum, November
11-12 Tokyo, Japan.
- Center for Ethics in Science and Technology, Reuben
H. Fleet Space Center, Nov. 5, 2008, San Diego.
- Department of Health and Human Services, Medical
ID Theft Workshop / Town Hall, Oct. 15, 2008, Washington DC.
- ARMA, Information flows and privacy considerations,
September 15, San Diego.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence, Teaching
of Trainers, August 11-15, Pittsburgh.
- Council for Responsible Genetics, New York University,
June 19-20, New York City.
- Privacy Law Scholars Conference, George Washington
University Law School, June
12 -13, Washington, D.C.
- Fordham Law School CLIP Symposium, May 29 - 30, Lincoln
Center, New York City.
- FTC HCI workshop, April 24, 2008, Washington DC.
- CalPSAB, April 16 2008, Oakland.
- California Information Management Conference, April
9-10 2008, Los Angeles.
- Summit, Cyber Safe California: Protecting Our Children, Safeguarding
Our Privacy, Securing Our Future, March 4-5 2008, Los Angeles.
- University of San Diego, Feb. 25 2008, Ethics at
the Frontiers of Science, Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, lecture
on genetic information, privacy, and ethics, 2:30 p.m. San Diego.
- SACGHS, Feb. 13 2008, Washington DC.
- CalPSAB, Feb. 7 2008, Los Angeles.
- CHIA audioconference, Jan. 30 2008.
- CalPSAB, Dec. 4 2007, San Francisco.
- FTC Town Hall Workshop, Nov. 1-2 2007, Washington
- AHIMA National Convention, Plenary presentation on
medical identity theft (morning) workshop on medical identity theft
prevention (afternoon), October 9, 2007, Philadelphia. Web
- FDA testimony, iPledge program, August 1, 2007, Washington
- FDA Public Workshop, Public testimony on RiskMAPs
and privacy implications, June 25-26 2007, Washington, D.C.
- California Health Information Association State Convention,
Presentation on solutions for medical identity theft, June 13, 2007,
La Quinta, CA. Web
- Institute of Medicine, Board on Health Sciences Policy,
Presentation on privacy and Genome Wide Association Studies, June 7,
2007, Washington D.C.
- Lecture, Ethics at the Frontiers of Science, University
of San Diego Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice, April 23 2007,
2:30 p.m. Web
- Regional Meeting, HISPC, Nov. 6, 2006, Seattle. Presentation,
Medical Identity Theft: Issues and Solutions.
- Regional Meeting, HISPC, Nov. 3, 2006, Indianapolis.
Presentation, Medical Identity Theft: Issues and Solutions.
- Network Security Workshop, October 5 2006, Echigo
Yuzawa, Japan. Keynote presentation, Leading Privacy and Security
Issues in the U.S. and Japan. See the
Workshop web site for more. This keynote presentation will be translated
live at the workshop.
- The Institute of Information Security, October 4
2006, Tokyo, Japan. Special lecture. See IISEC
web site for more.
- ISACA Tokyo Chapter, October 3 2006, Tokyo, Japan,
"Identity Theft, Computer Fraud, and Privacy." See ISACA
Tokyo web site for more.
- Computers, Freedom, and Privacy 2006 Conference,
May 3, 2006, Washington D.C. Panel discussion on the NHIN. Additionally,
the Forum's Medical Identity Theft 2006 research report was released
at the conference and was presented.
- The Values Institute: University of San Diego.
March 20, 2006. A panel discussion on China, the Internet, censorship,
and privacy presented by KPBS, The Center for Ethics in Science &
Technology and the Values Institute of the University of San Diego.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Fall Forum,
7, RFID and healthcare, Chicago.
- "Searching the Internet: Who's Watching?"
November 2, Neurosciences Institute, Center for Ethics in Science and
Technology, San Diego.
- I.D. Analytics Conference, September 20, Consumer
Panel, 4 p.m.
- National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics,
August 16, 2005, San Francisco, CA. Hearing of the Privacy and Confidentiality
- Aspen Privacy Forum, Aspen Colorado, July, panel.
- Consumer Reports WebWatch 2005 Conference Series,
June 9, 2005, Berkeley, CA.
- California Senate Select Committee on the Legal, Social &
Ethical Consequences of Emerging Technologies, Informational
Hearing, May 13 2005, San Diego. Testimony, Pam Dixon.
- IHRIM National Conference, May 1, 2005. Reno, Nevada.
- CFP 2005, April 12-15 2005, Seattle. Workplace Surveillance.
(Presenter). For details see : http://www.cfp2005.org/
- GBDe, March 2005, Washington D.C. RFID in the healthcare
- Federal ID Standard Public Meeting, HSPD-12 Public
Meeting on privacy and security issues regarding the proposed Federal
ID "smart card," January 19, 2005, Washington D.C. (Testimony).
For times, location, and details see NIST: http://csrc.nist.gov/piv-project/index.html.
PDF of slides and transcript available on NIST site.
- Privacy Foundation, "Legislative and Technical
Privacy Developments," Denver University Law School, October
22, 2004. See PF site for panels, times, details. (CLE workshop). http://www.privacyfoundation.org/
- CA Workforce Development, Data Privacy Training
Session, August, 2004. (Workshop)
- NACAA National Conference, Job Applicant Privacy,
June 29, 2004. San Diego. (Speaker)
- NALI National Conference, Background Check Trends
and Issues, June 17, 2004. Las Vegas. (Speaker)
- IHRIM National Conference, Job Applicant Privacy
and the Role of Employers, May 26, 2004. Washington, DC. (Speaker)